Registering to play
Before you can play Cricket Championship you need to register.
You need to provide the following information:
- User name
- This is your personal username for Cricket Championship. You will use it to login and it is the name other players will see.
- This is your email address. An email will be sent to this address when you register asking you to confirm your registration. Your email address will never be displayed anywhere on the site.
- This is the password you will use to login. We advise you to choose a password that consists of letters, numbers and punctuation characters.
- Team name
- This is the name of your team. Team names often end with CC which stands for Cricket Club.
- Ground name
- This is the name of the ground where your team will play its home matches. Ground names often end with CG which stands for Cricket Ground.
- This is where your team will be based. This is used to generate appropriate names for your players. In the future other functionality may depend on where your team is based. For example, team rankings for different countries.
You can also select start times for one day and first class matches. You will automatically be entered into a league for each competition type you choose a start time for (although you will typically join a league some way through by replacing another team).
You can leave these match times blank if you want to organise your own matches. Cricket Championship allows you to create your own leagues and to organise friendlies with other teams. You might also want to play matches at a different time to the current available start times. You can also withdraw from the leagues you are signed up for if you choose to at a later point.
When you are happy with the information you have entered, click 'Register' to register your team. If the username, team name, ground name or email address are already being used by somebody else playing the game you will be returned to the registration page so that you can provide different names. If all the information you provided is okay you will see a page which thanks you for registering and asks you to provide a confirmation code.
Confirmation of registration
Your confirmation code will be emailed to you using the email address you registered with. There will be a link in the email which will confirm your registration or you can copy and paste the registration confirmation code into the page which is displayed after you register.
If you don't receive your confirmation code in your inbox you may need to check your spam folders in case your email provider is treating the email as spam. If you continue to experience problems then please contact us with the user name and email you are trying to register with.
After you have confirmed your registration you will see the main page for your team. You will also be sent an email confirming your registration.