Commissioning a league
Each Cricket Championship user can commission leagues. You can view a list of the leagues you have
commissioned from your account page and you can commission a new league using the left menu option on that
You can only commission a league when you have no other active league commissioned. A league is considered
active when it is accepting applicants or when it is in progress.
You do not have to play in a league you commission. In fact you must apply to your own league if you do
want to play. The commissioner's team's application is always processed first so, provided
you meet the league entry requirements, you will always be able to play in your own league if you want to.
Initially, you can set the various options on the league and save it. You can then actually create
the league from the league's page. You can also choose to edit the options you have saved.
- The name of the league.
- Number of teams
- You can specify a minimum and a maximum number of teams which can play in the league. If the minimum number
of teams is not met the league will be cancelled. If the maximum number is exceeded then not all teams that apply
will be able to play in the league.
- Earliest and latest start times
- You can specify the earliest and latest time of day that teams in the league can choose for their
home matches to start. If the earliest and latest options are set to the same time then the start
time for the league matches is always the chosen value.
- Team ratings
- You can specify the minimum and maximum ratings for teams to play in the league. The rating used is
the rating on the closing date for applications. If a team does not meet the requirements for a
league then their application will not be accepted.
- Applications close
- The closing date for applications to the league. This is also when applications are processed
and fixtures generated for the league if at least the minimum number of teams successfully apply to play.
- First match
- This is the date of the first round of matches. Matches always start on the same day so this
will also determine the start day for all matches.
- You can choose any of the Cricket Championship competition types.
- Invitation only
- You can specify whether you want any team to be able to apply to play in the league or
whether only teams that you explicitly invite to the team should be allowed to apply to play.
Recommissioning a league
When you recommission a league that has already been played you can add divisions to the league.
You can choose to add a division each time the league is recommissioned. Leagues that have been
cancelled cannot be recommissioned.
Cancelling a league
If a league has not yet started and it has no teams applied to play you can cancel the league. There is a "Cancel" button
at the bottom of the league page. You can remove applications to the league from the "View applicants" list of teams.